Monday, January 15, 2007

Where does the path lead?

the motion keeps my heart runningthe motion keeps my heart running Hosted on Zooomr


If you haven't read the rest of my blog to this point you really have no idea who I am, unless you know me already (right xav?). Each submission, as zany and rant-ish as they might be, reflect my personal being. One thing, the main thing, is music.

From as long as I "can't" remember I've been singing. I started singing along to my dad's r&b records, then it all went to fuck all so I found rock. I had always listened to mainstream rock in bits and pieces but r&b was always on the fore front. Then r&b lived up to its moniker of "rap and bullcrap" when it became more about the beat and a catchy hook then actual feeling and emotion. No longer were r&b groups singing about love, now it became what could get played in a club. "Where's the bacardi at?(????)" It became more about rock hard abs and dancing then harmonies and accapella. I used to go to the mall and peruse the r&b section of the music stores for less-known groups, but now the line is blurred - all the emotion compromised for a club hit. Now I can't stand the new bullshit. I still appreciate the old songs but its not the same.

For the past few years I've been listening to "rock". Again, not the crap on the radio. I try to find quality music. I have also changed my outlook on the world completely. I admit the culprit was undoubtedly the X and Acid I took while at parties, my all time favorite moment in life ever. They really did open my mind up. Any who, The point of this rant is to wonder how far of a path I have to follow to realize my dream, my passion - music. I seem to get close but then it slips away. I know it is up to me to make it happen. I can't really on anyone anymore. I want to make music that people can get lost in. Who can smoke a bowl and lay down in a bed of speakers that are pumping out my songs. Progressive music is my dream, I must attain. To be continued....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home